Saturday, March 24, 2012

Local Spotlight - Thick as Thieves & Skee-town Stylee

Went out last night and hit up The Hamilton St Pub. Seemed like the only place I frequent with any good bands playing. I was pleasantly surprised and walked away from the night feeling musically fulfilled.

Skee-town Stylee

This outfit from Muskegon, MI brought the Slightly Stoopid/Sublime sounding vibe to Saginaw. They weren't just any Sublime sounding band, their singer Brett Kerr has a great voice and can easily pull off the sound. All of their songs seem to feature a marijuana oriented theme so I feel they sound more like today's Slightly Stoopid than yesterdays Sublime, although they kind of have a sound somewhere in the middle. I was happy to hear their music as I love this kind of sound. I would love to see these guys again. Check out this video.


Thick as Thieves

This was my first time ever checking out this Saginaw local band and I am happy that I did. They have a lot of different sounding songs that range from Reggae, to blues, to Rap, and probably even more. I was very pleased because all of their songs were great. I can't wait to just sit back and enjoy these guys again. Check out these two very different sounding songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment